I want to go skiing
Winter ski area
from 28 november 2020 to 2 May 2021
Tignes ski area open until 7 may 2021
In Tignes, we ski before... and after anyone else!
The Grande Motte glacier is due to open on October*.
Each part of the ski area will then open depending on the snow falls, allowing you to ski from 3.456 m (top of the Grande Motte cable car) to 1.550m (Tignes le Brvéières village).
In all, at the peak of the season, enjoy more than 300 kms of pistes on the linked ski area of Tignes & Val d'Isère!
Stretch the pleasure to the spring...In fact, the french station Tignes is open in May!
Save the date!
- October 3rd: opening of the fall skiing season on the Grande Motte glacier*
- November: opening of the pistes Double M & Bollin*
- 28/11/2020: opening of the link between Tignes & Val d'Isère*
- 02/05/2021: closing of the Tignes & Val d'Isère ski area
- 07/05/2021: closing of the Tignes ski area
Have a look to the interactive piste map to check whether your favorite pistes are open in real time!
*Depending on snow condition.
BEGINNERS AREAS: 1, 2, 3... ski start!
Tignes welcomes you as you begin your journey to learn to ski or snowboard. The "1, 2, 3… Ski Start!" programme was designed to help you learn by yourself or with the help of a professional, safely and calmly in specially created learning zones.
- 100% beginner, discover! I am learning to ski on gentle terrain with beginner ski lifts. Free magic carpets: "Lac", "1800" and "Val Claret" carpets.
- 75% beginner, learn! I am making progress and enjoying the feeling of skiing. Free chairlifts & draglift: "Bollin" in Tignes Val Claret, "Almes" and "Rosset" in Tignes le Lac, "Lavachet" in Tignes le Lavachet.
- 30% beginner, evolve! I am moving onto blue runs in the Ski Start 3 progression zones with longer ski lifts... I buy my ski pass (Tignes or Tignes & Val d'Isère).
- I ski! I am ready to explore the Tignes & Val d'Isère ski area!