Hiking enthusiasts in Tignes will delight in a 55,000-hectare recreation area in the heart of preserved wilderness. Nearly half the village is located in the Vanoise national Park, which forms – together with the Italian National park “du Grand Paradis” –the most expansive protected area in Western Europe. In this unique park, wild animals (marmots, chamois and ibex) thrive, natural resources abound, and the landscapes take your breath away!
5 LIFTS* FOR PEDESTRIANS tIGNES
Access to the pedestrian lifts in integrated with the My Tignes card.
From June 29th to September 2nd 2019 :
- Toviere gondola (Tignes): 10am - 12.30am / 1pm - 5pm
- Palafour chairlift (Tignes): 10am - 1pm / 1.30pm - 5pm
- Tufs chairlift (Tignes): 10am - 1pm / 1.30pm - 5pm
- Olympic gondola (Val d'Isère): 9.45am - 12.00am / 12.30am - 4.45pm
- Borsat chairlift (return to Tignes from Val d'Isère): 10.15am - 12.30am / 1.00pm - 4.25pm
ALONE OR WITH GUIDE
- Discover the "Summer walks guide" and its 25 paths: little climb and short walks for families, difficult tracks for those who are into sports, breathtaking landscapes...
Available in the Maisons de Tignes (€12).
Download the Bois de la Laye walk, perfect for families.
Download the Aiguille Percée walk, and enjoy the panoramic viewpoint.
Download the Nazonde walk, and discover the most unspoilt part of Tignes.
More information on hiking: consult the site of summer tourism in Haute Tarentaise (in French only).
- Enjoy the pleasure of discovering the mountain, supervised by a professional and passionate guide.
In a group:
Price per day from 29€/pers.
Price 1/2 day from 18€/pers.
Private engagement :
Price per day from 210€
Price 1/2 day from 120€
come to fill up with nature
You are in a national nature reserve, on the outskirts of the Vanoise National Park. Thanks to the reserve, it has been possible to protect fauna and flora, and in particular, to prohibit the hunting on the main migration corridor of the ibex. Day or half-day walks are held in the company of a monitor guard. With him, you will discover the diversity of the Park and the different aspects of his job.
More information: www.vanoise-parcnational.fr
There are specific lift passes for pedestrians! Take the funicular and stop by the terrace of the Panoramic restaurant before heading to the cable car to enjoy the view on the famous peaks and mountains around: the Mont Pourri, ridges of the Grande Sassière, the Grande Casse (highest point of La Vanoise: altitude of 3,856 metres) and of course the majestic Mont Blanc (in the distance). You will find 3 viewpoint indicators on your route.
Be careful: you are in a glacier area, so don’t forget to ask a high-mountain guide for their advice to enjoy the glacier to the most!
More information: www.guides-montagne-tignes.com.