THE FREESYLE OLYMPIC GAMES!
Launched in 1995 in Rhode Island, the X Games quickly became THE benchmark competition for extreme sports.
The principle: high-level competitions bringing together the best alternative sports like skateboarding, mountain biking or roller blading in the summer and the SuperPipe, Slopestyle and Snowmobiling in winter. Tens of thousands of fans gather at event venues every year to watch ever more spectacular shows and hundreds of thousands of spectators watch their favourite sportsmen and women live on TV around the world!
In March 2010 the X Games landed in Tignes for the first ever European edition. Reactions were unanimous: "Phenomenal", "spectacular" and “never been seen before in Europe"!
- 117,000 spectators over 3 days, a record for the winter X Games, beating Aspen’s spectator numbers over 4 days!
- 460 accredited journalists from twenty or so different countries
- 600 people working on the event
- 18.5 hours of live coverage on CANAL+ just during the week of the event
- More than 6,000 hours of TV broadcasts in 180 countries.