The three major actors in Tignes proved their commitment on different ways:
Tignes City Hall
- Selective waste sorting (247 moloks spread throughout the resort, 3 recycling containers: yellow = package, green=glass and gray for other wastes).
- 5 underground car parks (3 in Le Lac, 1 in Val Claret and 1 in Lavachet)
- A free shuttle service 24h/24h and 7/7days (on winter) to limit a cars influx in the resort
- Landscape preservation: underground power grids and protection of the area (Natural Park of Vanoise).
- The artificial snow is only produced with air and water, without any chemical additives. Moreover, 70% of the water used is going back straight to the lake!
- Non salting roads
- All grooming equipment operate with organic hydraulic oils
- Restructuration of the sports and conferences complex "Tignespace" (environmental quality standards, integration of a green roof)
- Stop printing of brochures and development of information online
- Information (guides, ski and resort maps) on recycled paper
- Landscape preservation by the creation of the Grande Motte funicular, gradual replacement of old chairlifts by quieter and with more speed facilities
- Energies savings in the new Tovière Gondola (recovery of heat generated by the machines to heat the space).
- Recycling of ski passes through the ballot boxes available in all outlets and reception desks
- Pocket ashtrays